Information about Sarah Davies Therapies
Sarah Davies is the data controller for the trading name for Sarah Davies Therapies who is regulated by the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) Membership number 125746. You may check this by visiting the FHT’s website – https://www.fht.org.uk
Sarah Davies Therapies’ trading address is:
Treforest Industrial Estate
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can identify a person, such as name, age, address, date of birth, gender and contact details.
Personal data may contain information that is known as ‘sensitive’ data. This may be relating to an individual’s health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, sexual orientation, or criminal convictions.
What information I collect about you?
I collect information about when you receive a service from me. Website usage is collected using cookies.
I process the categories of data below for the performance of our contract with you to provide a suitable and safe treatment and, if you agree to be contacted about products and services that I think may be of interest to you.
Personal Data collected:
- Date of Birth
- Telephone number
- GP’s surgery
- Contact details of next of kin
- Payment information – payment card details are stored via my booking system Stripe. However, I do not have assess to your details.
- Special categories – personal data relating to health and medication, treatment outcomes and treatment progress.
If you object to the collection of personal data, relevant to
your treatment, I will be unable to provide you with the treatment.
How will I use the information about you?
- I collect information about you to ensure safety and suitability to carry out a treatment.
- The information you supply on my consultation forms is confidential, unless, with your permission, it would be beneficial to share with another professional.
- I also collect information about you, if you agree, to email you about products and services I think may be of interest to you.
- I will not share your information with companies outside of my booking / payment system.
- Under no circumstances will your data be sold to a third party.
I would like to send you further information about my own
products and services I provide. If you have consented to receive marketing,
you can opt out at any time. You have the right to stop me for contacting you
for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes,
please contact me on 07983 806042 or [email protected]
I will retain your personal data, treatment notes and treatment outcomes for a period of ten years after your last session with me. Information for those who receive treatment while pregnant will be held for eighteen years.
This complies with legal requirements relating to this data.
These rights are known as individual Rights under the Data Protection Act 2018. The following list details these rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data being processed
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- The right to ratification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data
- The right to data portability (to receive an electric copy of your personal data)
- Rights relating to automated decision making including profiling.
The retaining of data is necessary when required for contractual, legal or regulatory purposes.
In rare instances I may need to retain your data for longer, for example if I am representing you or defending myself in a legal dispute or as required by law or where evidence exists that a future clam may occur.
Access to your information and correction
If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please email [email protected] or write to me at;
Sarah Davies Therapies
Treforest Industrial Estate
As mandated by law I will not charge a fee to process these requests, however, if your request is considered to be repetitive, wholly unfounded and/or excessive, I am entitled to charge a reasonable administration fee.
I want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask me to correct or remove information you think inaccurate.
Cookies are text files places on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information e.g how long visitors stay on a website. This information is used to track the use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit: www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies
you can set your browser to not accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of my website features may not function as a result.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the way in which I process your personal data, please contact me either by email at: [email protected] or phone: 07983 806042.
You also have the right to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, information commissioner’s office (ICO) via phone: 0303123113 or the website https://ico.org.uk/concerns.